Housing & Residential Life works with the Disability Resource Center (DRC) on campus to accommodate students with specific housing needs.
We have many different room types in our Residence Halls and Apartments including:
- single rooms
- wheelchair accessible double and single rooms
- bathrooms with accessible sink, toilet, and shower
- singles with sinks
- rooms near accessible bathrooms/showers
- rooms near a single-user bathroom
- apartments with semi-private bathrooms
- single apartments
Applying For Housing With A DRC Request
- Visit the Housing Sign-Up page. The housing application opens in November. May 31st is the priority deadline for students applying for housing who have a DRC request.
- Register with the Disability Resource Center (DRC). To schedule an appointment and begin this process, please call 612-626-1333.
- Bring documentation that specifically addresses your housing accommodation needs to your first appointment with the DRC.
- You and your Access Consultant will discuss reasonable housing accommodations and submit a recommendation to Housing and Residential Life.
- Housing and Residential Life will notify all students, including those with accommodation needs, of their housing assignments by the end of July.
You may be contacted directly by Housing & Residential Life to obtain additional information regarding your DRC recommendation.
Service or Emotional Support Animal
Pets (animals) are not permitted within the residence hall/apartment complex. Fish in aquariums (10 gallons or less), certified service animals, and emotional support animals approved through the Disability Resource Center are the only exceptions.
Please follow the steps above to request a certified service or emotional support animal.
180 McNamara Alumni Center
200 Oak Street SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455