Computer Center Coordinator (CCC)
Applications will be considered until all vacancies are filled. All applicants must be assigned to University Housing for the fall semester.
With a primary focus toward customer service, the CCC has the following responsibilities:
- Attend one week of training in August before Welcome Week, and one day in January before classes start for spring semester
- Assists residents with software, hardware and/or networking problems in the center.
- Manages any hardware or software problems that may occur in residence hall computer centers.
- Provides occasional technical support to the hall's business staff. This includes patching their computers when necessary and troubleshooting any problems that occur.
- Acts as the contact person for any technology initiatives set forth by Housing & Residential Life. This may include organizing support stations at the beginning of each semester to fix students' computers.
- Communicates with staff and residents regularly through web updates, email, and meetings. Maintains e-mail communication with staff.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Develops a relationship with the Residence Director, Community Advisors, Office Assistants, and Business Operations Supervisors to discuss and resolve issues related to the computer center.
- Maintains center cleaning supplies and keeps center clean and orderly.
- Completes incident reports for computer center policy violations.
Based on skills and interest, we also have specialized duties in the following areas:
- Web development and website design
- Server administration
- Content management and technical documentation
- Desktop image creation
- Print server system administration
- Video editing
The CCC will be employed for ten (10) hours per week at the rate of $10.75 per hour. Visit the online application to apply.
Interviews for fall term openings are conducted during New Student Orientation in June and July, summer contact information is critical for setting an appointment.
Visit our computer centers website for more information on the residence hall labs.