Student Utility Worker
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions
- Knowledge of common hand and power tools
- Previous mechanical experiences helpful but not required
- Must be punctual, reliable and have the ability to work with people
Typical Job Duties
- Assists maintenance mechanic with the maintenance and repair of building components such as plumbing accessories; window glass, screens, doors, locks from work orders.
- Operates hand & power tools and snow removal equipment.
- Changes light bulbs, restock supplies, organize and clean maintenance shop and mechanical spaces.
- Makes minor repairs to small equipment such as vacuum cleaners.
- Moves furniture, collects trash.
- Uses cleaning equipment and cleaning chemicals as assigned.
- Uniform shirts and lockers are provided
- Opportunity for break time and summer work
- Flexible hours
- Work where you live
- Ongoing training
- Monthly work safety projects
- Paycheck every other Wednesday
- Employee handbook
- Work study positions available
How To Apply
Hiring is on-going and work-study is available & the pay rate is $11/hour.
There are two ways to apply:
- Respond to a job posting on the UMN Employment website
- Directly emailing the Facilities Operation Supervisor in your building