Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
Community safety for all guests is a top priority, and we are working closely with University leadership to manage COVID-19 response and preparations. We understand the difficulty of planning while specific outcomes are yet unknown. At this time, housing will not be offered until July 1, 2020. We plan to offer reservations for July and August, as long as the Stay at Home order is lifted.
If you are required to come to campus and need housing, please email us at [email protected] and we will assist you as best we can based on your circumstances. We will update this page as we have information, so please check back for the most current information.
The University of Minnesota offers summer guest housing for visitors needing on-campus housing to conduct University-related business. Accommodations are available July 1–August 16, 2020, in Pioneer Hall, a traditional style residence hall.
The following amenities are included:
- Air conditioning
- Private or shared bedroom (twin bed, desk, chair, closet, & dresser)
- Shared community bathroom
- Free laundry facilities
- Guest access to UMN wireless internet network
The Information Desk is staffed 24 hours a day to answer questions and provide additional linens, blankets, etc. as needed. The fully ADA compliant building offers specific rooms to accommodate ADA needs, available upon request. For additional amenities information, visit Conference & Event Services online.
Individual Registration: Guests looking to make their own reservations and paying via credit card, please review the "Reservations, Payment, and Check-In" section below.
Guest housing has limited availability. Reservations are filled based upon request date.
Private Bedroom: $60 per person, per day (tax included)
Shared Bedroom: $50 per person, per day (tax included)
Included in the daily rate is linen set (sheets, blankets, pillow and towel set) that can be exchanged at the information desk and guest access to the University of Minnesota wireless internet network.
Reservations, Payment, & Check-In
Reservations are accepted based on availability and must be received 14 days prior to check-in. All reservations are binding; guests will be billed for the entire amount if cancellation is not received 14 days prior to arrival. Payment for the entire length of the stay is due at the time of reservation via credit card. No refunds will be given for early departures.
Check-in is at 1:00 PM and check-out is at 12:00 PM.
Guests who wish to eat in the residential dining centers may purchase their meals from the dining room cashier or purchase a meal plan prior to their arrival.
Parking & Public Transportation
If you are bringing a vehicle to campus, you may park in the Oak Street Ramp at the daily rate, which is one block east of Pioneer Hall.
Learn more about public transportation around the campus by visiting Parking & Transportation Services.
Regulations & Cancellation/Refund
If you do not agree to these terms and policies, you should not proceed to reserve a space and are not eligible for housing on the University of Minnesota campus.
1. As a guest of University of Minnesota Housing, you agree to comply by all Housing & Residential Life regulations and policies provided by Conference & Event Services staff. If you desire a personal copy of the regulations and policies, please contact a member of the Conference & Event Services staff directly and a copy shall be provided to you.
2. Housing Regulations and Policies: Policies are subject to change at Housing & Residential Life’s discretion. Changes will be made accessible and you will be notified of such changes.
3. Cancellations: Refunds incur a $30.00 processing fee for credit card processing and administrative costs prior to the cancellation deadline. Cancellations are eligible for a full refund, less the processing fee, up to 14 days prior to arrival on campus. Any cancellations within 14 days prior to arrival will be billed at the full amount owed. All cancellations must be received in writing. Please submit cancellations to Conference & Event Services Office at [email protected]. Credit card refunds require credit cardholder information, the last four digits of the credit card used in the initial transaction, and the reason for cancellation.
4. Refund Process: CES will begin the refund process once the cancellation is submitted. All refunds will be issued within 5 business days of receipt of the request. If the cancellation date is 120 days or less from the date of the transaction, the amount refunded will go back onto the card. If the cancellation date is more than 120 days from the date of the transaction, the amount refunded will be a check issued and mailed to you. All reservations are binding; interns will be billed for the entire amount if the cancellation request is not received in writing 14 days prior to arrival. No refunds are provided for early departures.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I go when I arrive?
Please refer to your reservation confirmation to indicate the Residence Hall where you will be housed. Check-in is available at the information desk in the lobby of the assigned building.
Can my spouse/friend stay with me during my stay?
All guests must be accounted for on the reservation for security purposes. Please ensure the reservation includes all guest information and that a double room is reserved for 2 people. If you need to make a change to your current reservation from a single to a double, please contact Conference & Event Services via email at [email protected]n.edu.
Can I check in later than 1 p.m.?
Yes, the information desk is open 24 hours a day.
Is there transportation available from the airport to campus?
The University does not provide transportation; however, there are many ways to easily access campus, including taxi companies and public transportation system. For more information, visit Metro Transit, the public transportation system.
What dining options are available near the residence hall?
The University of Minnesota campus area offers two distinct neighborhoods that provide a variety of dining and shopping options. Dinkytown and Stadium Village offer everything you need from dining to drugstores, within a short walk of campus.
There are also Residential Dining Center located in Pioneer Hall and 17th Ave Residence Hall. Dining hours are available at dining.umn.edu. All meals are payable by cash or card at the door.
What do I need to bring?
Linens, blankets, a pillow, and a towel are provided. You should bring your own toiletries and any other personal belongings you will want or need to have during your stay with us.
I need to cancel my reservation. How do I do that?
Email the Conference & Event Services Office at [email protected] to inform us of your cancellation. We will cancel your reservation and deactivate your registration. Please note: you will be billed for the entire amount if cancellation is not received 14 days prior to arrival.
If I cancel, do I get a refund?
Please refer to the Housing & Cancellation/Refund Policies.