Summer Intern Housing
The University of Minnesota offers summer intern housing from May 21 - August 19, 2017*, in Mark G. Yudof Hall, our suite-style residence hall.
The following amenities are included:
- Air conditioning
- Private bedroom (twin bed, desk, chair, closet, & dresser)
- Shared bathroom and common living area
- Kitchen in-unit (microwave, oven, stove-top, fridge/freezer)
- Kitchen kits (pots, pans, silverware, etc.) are available upon request
- Free in-unit laundry facilities
- Guest access to UMN wireless internet network
The Information Desk is staff 24 hours a day to answer questions and provide additional linens, blankets, etc. as needed. The fully ADA compliant building offers specific rooms to accommodate ADA needs, available upon request. For additional amenities information, visit Conference & Event Services online.
*Between the dates of May 21-31 and August 1-19, if space is not available in Yudof Hall, interns will be placed in Centennial Hall, a traditional style residence until space becomes available. Interns would receive a lower housing rate if tihs occurs.
Individual Pay: Interns looking to make their own reservations, please review the "Reservations, Payment, and Check-In" section below.
Contracting: Organizations interested in coordinating their own intern housing, please contact Conference & Events Services at 612-625-9090 or email@example.com.
Housing is available for any undergraduate, graduate, or professional student with a summer internship, fellowship, or clinical rotation.
You will need to provide documentation verifying your internship including the start and end dates, and contact information for your supervisor or someone from your organization.
Not sure if you are eligible? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Suite-Style Residence Hall
2-person 2-bedroom suite: Private bedroom, shared bathroom
$41 per day(tax included)
Included in the daily rate is linen set (sheets, blankets, pillow and towel set) that can be exchanged at the front desk, and guest access to the University of Minnesota wireless internet network.
Reservations, Payment, and Check-In
Reservations are accepted based on availability and must be received 14 days prior to check-in. All reservations are binding; residents will be billed for the entire amount if cancellation is not received 14 days prior to arrival. Payment for the entire length of the stay is due upon arrival by check, credit card, or money order in U.S. currency. No refunds will be given for early departures.
Check-in is at 1:00PM and check-out is at 12:00PM.
Please note: To complete your reservation, you will need to provide documentation verifying your internship including the start and end dates. This document must also include the contact information for your supervisor or someone from the organization.
Important reminder: Interns who cancel a reservation more than 14 days prior to check-in will not be billed.
Interns who wish to eat in the residential dining centers may purchase their meals from the dining room cashier or purchase a meal plan prior to their arrival. For more information, please visit the University of Minnesota Dining Services website or call 612-625-6875.
Parking & Public Transportation
If you are bringing a vehicle to campus, you may register for parking via the intern registration form. Parking will be available in the East River Road Garage, which is attached to Yudof Hall at a daily rate of $10.
Learn more about public transportation around the campus by visiting the Parking & Transportation website.
Regulations & Cancellation/Refund
If you do not agree to these terms and policies, you should not proceed to reserve a space and are not eligible for housing on the University of Minnesota campus.
1. As a guest of University of Minnesota Housing, you agree to comply by all Housing & Residential Life regulations and policies as outlined in the Housing Policy, provided by the Conference & Event Services staff. If you desire a personal copy of the regulations and policies, please contact a member of the Conference & Event Services staff directly and a copy shall be provided to you.
2. Housing Regulations and Policies are subject to change at Housing & Residential Life’s discretion. Changes will be made accessible and you will be notified of such changes.
3. Cancellations are eligible for full refund up to 14 days prior to arrival on campus. Any cancellations within 14 days prior to arrival will be billed at the full amount owed. All cancellations must be received in writing. Please submit cancellations to Conference & Event Services Office at email@example.com. Credit card refunds require credit card holder information, last four digits of the credit card used in the initial transaction and the reason for cancellation.
4. Refund Process: Once we receive your cancellation in writing, we will begin the refund process. All refunds will be issued within 5 business days of receipt of request. If your cancellation date is 120 days or less from the date of the transaction, the amount refunded will go back onto the card. If your cancellation date is more than 120 days from the date of the transaction, the amount refunded will be a check issued and mailed to you. All reservations are binding; interns will be billed for the entire amount if cancellation is not received 14 days prior to arrival. No refunds will be given for early departures.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I go when I arrive?
Please refer to your reservation confirmation to indicate the Residence Hall where you will be housed. Check in is available at the information desk in the lobby of the assigned building.
Can my spouse/friend stay with me during my stay?
All guests must be accounted for on the reservation for security purposes. Please ensure the reservation includes all guest information and that a double room is reserved for 2 people. If you need to make a change to your current reservation from a single to a double, please contact Conference & Event Services via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I check in later than 1 p.m.?
Yes, the information desk is open 24 hours a day.
Is there transportation available from the airport to campus?
The University does not provide transportation; however, there are many ways to easily access campus, including taxi companies and public transportation system. For more information on Metro Transit, the public transportation system, visit https://www.metrotransit.org/.
What dining options are available near the residence hall?
The University of Minnesota campus area offers two distinct neighborhoods that provide a variety of dining and shopping options. Dinkytown and Stadium Village offer everything you need from dining to drugstores, within a short walk of campus.
There is also a Residential Dining Center located in 17th Ave Residence Hall, which is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner; payable by cash at the door.
What do I need to bring?
Linens, blankets, a pillow, and a towel are provided. You should bring your own toiletries and any other personal belongings you will want or need to have during your stay with us.
I need to cancel my reservation. How do I do that?
Email the Conference & Event Services Office at email@example.com to inform us of your cancellation. We will cancel your reservation and deactivate your registration. Please note: interns will be billed for the entire amount if cancellation is not received 14 days prior to arrival.
If I cancel, do I get a refund?
Please refer to the Housing & Cancellation/Refund Policies.