Hall Labs & Tech Lounges
All residence halls and apartment complexes have computer centers and some have tech lounges too, most of which are accessible with your U Card 24 hours a day. The computer centers are equipped with desktop computers (both PCs and Macs), a scanner, a black and white laser printer, and other peripherals that vary by location. Computer centers also include WiFi and power outlets for laptop usage. Computer Center Coordinators (CCCs) are available in the computer centers 7 hours a week. Hours are posted in each lab, indicating times when residents can visit the CCC to ask questions about the center or about their own computer.
Software Available in Hall Tech Lounges
There are many programs installed on the computers in the tech lounges that are free to be used for classwork. Additional programs may not be installed on the computers. If you need software for class that is not available on the tech lounge computers, you may be able to install it on your own computer.
The computers in the tech lounges include the following pre-installed software:
- Full Adobe Creative Suite (including Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat Pro, and more)
- Microsoft Office (Office 365 is also available for download to personal devices for free)
Computer Center Use
By entering the computer center, you have agreed to accept all of the following computer policies:
- Care for the computer center, since it is part of your home. Keep the computers and work surfaces clean. Food and beverages are not allowed in the center.
- Be kind to the computer equipment. We have a limited budget for repairs, replacement of broken machines, and stolen parts. Don’t tamper with the locks on the machines.
- Help keep the computers in working order. Do not change any configurations or setups on the computers.
- Save your files to the University’s file storage space, a cloud storage service, or on your USB flash drive. Do not save anything directly to the computers.
- Academic users come first. Non-academic users will be asked to leave if a computer is needed for coursework. The computer center is not to be used for online gambling, viewing pornography, copying copyrighted materials, or engaging in other non-academic activities.
Location: Bailey Computer Lab E150
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 2:00pm - 4:30pm
Location: Centennial Lab C175
Monday, Wednesday: 4:00pm - 5:00pm
Tuesday: 12:30pm - 1:30pm
Thursday: 11:30am - 1:30pm
Friday: 10:30am - 12:30pm
Location: Comstock Lab M120
Monday, Friday: 1:00pm - 6:00pm
Location: Frontier Lab 202
Monday & Friday: 5:00-7:00PM
Position is currently open.
If you have any computer lab/printer issues, please email or submit a fixit request.
Location: Middlebrook Lab 193
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Thursday: 6:00pm - 7:00pm
Location: Middlebrook Tech Lounge 96
Saturday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 1:00pm
Location: Wilkins Lab 400
Wednesday: 12:30pm - 3:30pm
Thursday: 11:00am - 12:30pm
Saturday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm
Location: Sanford Lab 182
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 4:00pm - 5:00pm
Tuesday: 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Thursday: 2:00pm - 4:00pm
Location: Territorial Lab W106
Monday: 1:30pm - 2:30pm
Tuesday: 5:45pm - 7:15pm
Wednesday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Friday: 4:45pm - 6:15pm
Location: Radius Lab 171
Monday: 5:00pm - 7:00pm
Tuesday: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Thursday: 2:00pm - 4:00pm
Infant Derrick Gnana Susairaj
Location: Pioneer Lab C107
Tuesday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm