• Reporting Crime

Should you be the victim of a crime, follow the steps below:

  1. Contact your CA, the CA on duty, or the security monitor on duty.
  2. Call 911 (emergency) or 612-624-COPS.
  3. Fill out a police report and an incident statement.

Harassment, Threats, or Stalking

If you are in an emergency situation or feel that there is an immediate threat to your wellbeing, call 911. If you receive harassing calls or need to have calls traced for any reason, contact the University of Minnesota Police Department at 612-624-COPS. Report any harassment, threats, or stalking to the police and your CA or RD. You may also request to have your information surpressed through the information desk.

Bias Response & Referral Network

The University of Minnesota is ready and willing to provide support and address disrespectful bias and discrimination within our community.   The Bias Response & Referral Network was charged by President Kaler to do just that.  We need to know what happens and how often so that we can respond and provide help to those who have been targeted. By reporting incidents involving harassment, intimidation or discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression YOU become part of the solution. Please use this form to report incidents in this category.

Missing Persons

In accordance with the Higher Education Act of 2008, all students must register a confidential contact with Housing & Residential Life. The confidential contact does not have to be a parent of a student unless the student is under the age of 18 or not emancipated, in which case the contact information must then be a custodial parent/guardian. This is the only individual who will be contacted by the University or police in the event that a student is reported missing.

This confidential contact will be updated as to the progress of the investigation into the missing person report. In the event that a student is under 18 years of age and has not been legally emancipated, the missing student’s parent/guardian will also be contacted.

The University of Minnesota Police Department will immediately conduct a thorough investigation into all missing persons reports.

We encourage you to report potential crimes directly to the police and incidents that occur in University housing to the local Housing & Residential Life staff.