As a Residence Director (RD), my role is to help make 17th Avenue a successful living experience for students. I supervise a team of 15 Community Advisors (CA) and the Assistance Residence Director (ARD) for 17th Avenue Hall. I also work closely with the Business Operations Supervisor (BOS), Facilities Operations Supervisor (FOS), and Dining Manager.
How I Can Help
- I can help bridge the relationship between students and their CAs
- Connecting students to campus and community resources
- Supporting first-generation students
- Being an ally to marginalized groups on campus
- Assisting in crisis situations on campus
- Helping residents with housing questions or concerns
- Finding the best Bubble Tea spot around campus
- Bachelor's of Science in University Studies at Illinois State University (2015)
- Student Affairs Administration Masters of Science in Education at University of Wisconsin-La Crosse (2017)
Start at the University of Minnesota
Previous Positions Held
- Hall Director at University of Minnesota, Mankato Greek Life Graduate Intern at University of Wisconsin
- River Falls Graduate Hall Director at University of Wisconsin
- River Falls Resident Assistant (RA) at Illinois State University
- Founder and President of Zeta Theta Pi- Beta Chapter at Illinois State University
- Lead Conference Assistant (LCA) at Illinois State University
- Hostess- Dining Services at Illinois State University
Personal Gender Pronouns
Points of Pride
The campus is beautiful! Many things in the community are accessible via light rail, bus, biking or walking. It's been great engaging with students and professional staff members on issues of social justice, diversity, and equity. If you're looking to grow, this is the place for you. As a professional, it's been great being involved with the Minnesota College Professionals Association (MCPA). I have served as a board member as well as being on a committee for our annual fall conference.
My personal philosophy: Chicago style pizza is the best pizza.
Life Outside the U
Outside of my role as RD, I'm usually annoying my partner, Alex. If I'm not doing that, I'm either goofing around with my dog, Zeus, or taking care of my 80+ plants. I also love going to concerts, excessively watching Netflix, crafting, drinking coffee, and eating pizza. I play a mean game of Uno and love exploring the city and metro area.