Tabling Guidelines for University Departments and Groups
The following is a list of guidelines to be followed by University departments, recognized student organizations, and groups requesting the use of table space in the residence halls/apartment complexes. All requests will be reviewed by the Business Operations Supervisor (BOS).
- To reserve a table, the In-Person Tabling Request must be submitted at least one week in advance of the tabling event. Tabling in the residence halls/apartment complexes is only available between the hours of 4:30PM and 7:00PM.
- The table size and location will be determined by the BOS.
- The table may be used for recruitment, distribution of information, and canvassing. Groups may not use the table for commercial solicitation (selling of items) or for programming purposes.
- The number of people supervising the table must be discussed with the BOS at the time of the reservation.
- Any literature that will be distributed at the table must be supplied to the BOS and approved prior to the tabling event.
- Group members are not allowed to leave the table area or follow/harass residents.
- If electrical or media equipment will be a part of the display, the equipment must be approved by the BOS prior to the tabling event. The group must provide all equipment used. The volume must be monitored.
- University departments, recognized student organizations, and groups may request a table a maximum of two times during the academic year.
- Any violation of these guidelines will result in a restriction from future use of this process.