Cable & Streaming
Included with your apartment is Radius TV, a service that begins on your move-in date, and provides 70+ channels of news, sports, and entertainment content via coaxial cable TV outlets.
Also included is UMN-TV, which can be accessed through internet streaming, and mobile applications. It includes content like major broadcast TV, as well as sports and entertainment networks. HBO and HBO Max are accessible through Xfinity on Campus.
Channel lineup is subject to change.
- 120+ High Definition Channels
- HBO & HBO Max (via Comcast Xfinity on Campus)
- Personal Cloud Digital Video Recorder with 20 Hours of Storage
- Accessible on Televisions, Computers, Tablets, Phones, Roku Devices, and more
- 70+ Cable TV Channels
- Coaxial Cable and TV Included With Your Apartment
How do I watch?
How to Connect Your TV
- Connect a coaxial cable from the wall outlet into the input on the back of your digital TV (note: you must provide your own cable)
- Scan for channels
- Grab a snack or some homework and enjoy!
Set-top cable boxes are not required for viewing Radius Coax Cable TV, but a TV with a digital tuner is required. Learn about scanning & digital TV below in the TV Set-Up drop-down.
How to Watch Online
- Go to Xfinity On Campus
- Type “Minnesota” from the “Enter your school name” input
- Login using your Internet ID & password
- Click the “Watch Now” or “Start Watching” button
For full access, you must connect to UMN internet (eduroam). As Radius is not on the University network, your experience may differ - see Streaming Location below.
Frequently Asked Questions
To log in to HBO Max:
- Visit play.hbomax.com. Click on "Sign In" at the top right of the screen.
- Click on "Sign in through TV or mobile provider."
- You will then be brought to the screen on the right. Click on "Xfinity".
- On the next page, go to the "Xfinity on Campus student Sign in here" button.
- On the following drop down, pick "University of Minnesota."
- You will then be directed to the University login page.
Note: Only residents can access HBO Max. If you experience difficulties logging in, please submit a Connect It request.
The easiest way to watch content on your television is to connect a coax cable from your wall to your TV. But did you know you can watch streaming content, including your on-demand and recorded DVR content, on your TV using a Roku device? Simply add the Xfinity Stream channel/app to your Roku & login to watch.
Compatible Roku Devices:
- Streaming Stick (3600)
- Express (3700, 3710)
- Express+ (3710)
- Premiere (4620)
- Premiere+ (4630)
- Ultra (4640)
- Roku 4 (4400)
- Roku 3 (4200, 4230)
- Roku 2 (4210)
- Roku TV (5XXX, 6XXX: Models within the 5000 and 6000 range)
Scanning for Channels
Using your TV remote, select “Menu” and then select the “Auto-Setup” feature to scan for channels. Refer to your owner's manual for instructions. Make sure that you TV is connected to the coaxial cable port in your room before scanning for channels. Watch our brief how-to video on YouTube.
For full access, you must be connected to the campus network - either wired Ethernet or Wi-Fi. Some features may not be accessible off campus, including streaming live TV. See the detailed list below
|Functionality||UMN Internet||Non-UMN Internet|
|Watch & Stream Live TV||Yes||No|
|Watch On Demand Shows & Movies||Yes||Yes|
|Watch Completed DVR Recordings||Yes||No|
|Watch In-Progress DVR Recordings||Yes||No|
|Schedule DVR Recordings||Yes||Yes|
|Watch Downloaded DVR Recordings||Yes||Yes|
|Watch TV GO Channels||Yes||Yes|
|Watch TV Everywhere Content (Network Apps)||Yes||Yes|
- Stream on one device at a time
- Register up to 40 devices
TV GO allows you to view a select number of channels while not connected to UMN internet.
- Login to UMN-TV Streaming
- Choose The Filter tab on the top right of the channel guide
- Select “Available Out of Home”
When available, On Demand movies or shows will display TV GO versions alongside the On Demand versions.
TV Everywhere provides the freedom to watch when and where you want, on the most convenient device, while on or off UMN internet.
Rather than using UMN-TV apps to access content, you’ll use apps provided by the network themselves. Many of these apps are available on streaming devices such as Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, and PlayStation.
For example, if you want to watch ESPN on your Apple TV or iPhone, simply download the ESPN app from the Apple App Store and log in using your UMN credentials to Xfinity On Campus.
Having trouble scanning for TV channels? Before you ask for help, double check that the power cord and coaxial cable are secure.
If you are having issues and have already made sure that the cord connections are secure, you might need to purchase an external TV tuner. Please note that TVs made before 2007 might not be able to receive digital channels.