Hashtag: #Swilkins #SwilkinsSnapshot
Campus: Minneapolis East Bank, Dinkytown
Hall Type: Apartment
Population: 126, co-ed, first-year residents
Year Built: 1996
Number of Floors: 4
Wilkins Hall Amenities
See Specific Room Furnishings Below
Unlimited Electricity, Heat, Water, Internet. It's all included.
Every building features a laundry facility. Unlimited laundry is included at no extra cost. View the status of your laundry room with LaundryView.
Full Kitchen In Unit
24/7 Information Desk
UMN-TV Cable with HBO
UMN-TV Internet Streaming
WiFi is included in rooms, common areas, throughout the building, and throughout campus.
Gigabit Ethernet Internet
If you have specific needs, we're here to help. Learn more about disability resources.
Access-Controlled Entry, Security Cameras, 24/7 Staffing
Common Area Lounges
Tech Lab with Macs & PCs, Remote Printing & Adobe Creative Suite. Learn More About Labs
Outdoor Bicycle Racks
Wilkins Hall Room Types
This unit consists of one room occupied by one resident with a private bath and kitchenette. The average square footage is 294. There are approximately 15 1-person efficiencies in Wilkins.
2-Person 1-Bedroom Apartment
This unit consists of one bedroom occupied by two residents with a private bath, full-sized kitchen, and common/living room. The average square footage is 575. There are approximately 22 2-person 1-bedroom apartments in Wilkins.
4-Person 2-Bedroom Apartment
This unit consists of two shared bedrooms (two residents in each), a private bath, full-sized kitchen, and common/living room. The average square footage is 756. There are approximately six 4-person 4-bedroom apartments in Wilkins.
Wilkins Hall Rates
- 1-Person Efficiency :$3,583Fall Term: $4,487 Spring Term: $4,874 Summer Term: $1,969
- 2-Person 1-Bedroom Apartment:$2,747Fall Term: $3,222 Spring Term: $3,500 Summer Term: $1,414
- 2-Person 2-Bedroom Apartment:Fall Term: $4,089 Spring Term: $4,442 Summer Term: $1,795
- 4-Person 2-Bedroom Apartment:$2,747Fall Term: $3,222 Spring Term: $3,500 Summer Term: $1,414
Wilkins Hall Room Furnishings
All units in Wilkins Hall include the following:
- Carpeted floors
- Desk & chair
- Drawer space
- Extra long twin bed (36 inches x 80 inches)
- Furnished living room
- Mattress pad
- Recycling 3-part containers
- Self-cleaning electric stove (efficiency apartments equipped with surface cooktops only)
- Window coverings
- 1 telephone jack (phone & cord not provided)
- 1 gigabit Ethernet internet jack per resident (cord not provided)
- 1 cable TV jack (TV & cord not provided)
Get InvolvedLearn More
Get to know your neighbors.
Social Justice Leadership Retreat
Be an ally. Be a leader.
Student Conduct Board (SCB)
Serve as a hearing officer.
We're all in this together. Join in.
Foundation for Success
Be successful. Learn more.
Engage in meaningful discussions about campus issues. Start a conversation.
Connect with Wilkins Staff
I collaborate with a team of professional staff at Sanford & Wilkins Halls to help contribute to the university life and experience of our residents. My role is to assist and guide students in creating meaningful communities and building connections with one another. Some of my responsibilities is to help build and maintain safe and inclusive communities by supervising an an amazing team of Community Advisers, advising GROUPS within our halls, acting as a hearing officer, and being an overall resource to our residents.
Where I Can Help
Connecting students to their resources
Conversations and dialogue about identity, and social justice
Empowering and helping students to make ideas become reality
Being a person to chat with about just about anything
B.A. Sociology & East Asian Culture Studies from University of California Santa Barbara
Previous Positions Held
Resource Center for Sexual & Gender Diversity Student Staff Member - University of California Santa Barbara
Office of Student Life Intern- University of California Santa Barbara
Communication Collab Intern - University of California Santa Barbara
Arrival to the University of Minnesota
My Favorite Quote/Motto/Personal Philosophy
"Take a moment remind yourself, to take a moment and find yourself"
Life Outside The U
As a human outside of work, I enjoy many things from spending a night indoors watching cartoons, reading comics, or listening to podcasts, to spending my weekends outdoors hiking and exploring, or checking out the city. When I'm not doing that you'll probably find me with a notebook doodling or writing with a cup of coffee somewhere within my reach.
Personal Gender Pronouns
Diane BransonBusiness Operations Supervisor (BOS)
• Manage and oversee the operations of the business office and information desk.
• Assists the Residence Director and Assistant Residence Director.
• Supervise Office Assistants and Tour Guides.
• Answer questions related to application-contract, billings, and meal plans.
• Advise and assist residents and guests.
• Coordinate and implement summer conference logistics.
Where I Can Help
• Room & Board Contract
• Contract Release
• Room change or room switch
• Hall transfer
• Room Re-application
• Winter Break – Early Arrival – Late Stay
• Temporary or Lost Keys
• Building Access
• Mail or package delivery
• Hall Tours
• Summer School
• Summer Conferences Groups
Eli LatockiComputer Center Coordinator (CCC)
Office Hours - Wilkins Lab 400
Monday - 10:05 AM - 12:05 PM
Wednesday - 10:05 AM - 12:05 PM
Thursday - 11:05 AM - 12:05 PM
Friday - 10:05 AM - 12:05 PM
Local TransitLearn More
- 16min.Walk to Coffman Student Center
- 17min.Walk to TCF Bank Stadium
- 19min.Light Rail to Downtown Minneapolis