Campus: Minneapolis East Bank
Hall Type: Residence Hall
Population: 600, co-ed, first-year residents
Year Built: 2013
Number of Floors: 6
17th Avenue Amenities
See Specific Room Furnishings Below
Unlimited Electricity, Heat, Water, Internet. It's all included.
Every building features a laundry facility. Unlimited laundry is included at no extra cost.
24/7 Information Desk
Streaming TV with 70+ channels, HBO GO, and 140,000+ on-demand shows and movies: housing.umn.edu/resnet/tv
WiFi is included in rooms, common areas, throughout the building, and throughout campus.
Gigabit Ethernet Internet
If you have specific needs, we're here to help. Learn more about disability resources.
Access-Controlled Entry, Security Cameras, 24/7 Staffing
Fresh Food Dining
Common Area Lounges
Music Practice Rooms
Tech Lab with Macs & PCs, Remote Printing & Adobe Creative Suite. Learn More About Labs
Indoor & Outdoor Bicycle Racks
Open During Breaks
17th Avenue Room Types
One room is occupied by two residents. The average square footage is 195. A common bathroom is shared by approximately 10-12 residents. The contract length is fall/spring. There are 289 doubles in 17th Avenue.
17th Avenue Rates
- Double Room:Spring Term: $3,264Jan 16 - May 12, 2021
17th Avenue Room Furnishings
All rooms in 17th Avenue include the following:
- Carpeted floors
- Desk & chair
- Drawer space
- Extra long twin bed (36 inches x 80 inches)
- Recycling 3-part containers
- Window coverings
- 1 gigabit Ethernet internet jack per resident (cord not provided)
- 1 cable TV jack (TV & cord not provided)
- Telephone service is NOT included in 17th Ave Residence Hall
Connect with 17th Staff
As a Residence Director (RD), my role is to help make 17th Avenue a successful living experience for students. I supervise a team of 15 Community Advisors (CA) and the Assistance Residence Director (ARD) for 17th Avenue Hall. I also work closely with the Business Operations Supervisor (BOS), Facilities Operations Supervisor (FOS), and Dining Manager.
How I Can Help
- I can help bridge the relationship between students and their CAs
- Connecting students to campus and community resources
- Supporting first-generation students
- Being an ally to marginalized groups on campus
- Assisting in crisis situations on campus
- Helping residents with housing questions or concerns
- Finding the best Bubble Tea spot around campus
- Bachelor's of Science in University Studies at Illinois State University (2015)
- Student Affairs Administration Masters of Science in Education at University of Wisconsin-La Crosse (2017)
Start at the University of Minnesota
Previous Positions Held
- Hall Director at University of Minnesota, Mankato Greek Life Graduate Intern at University of Wisconsin
- River Falls Graduate Hall Director at University of Wisconsin
- River Falls Resident Assistant (RA) at Illinois State University
- Founder and President of Zeta Theta Pi- Beta Chapter at Illinois State University
- Lead Conference Assistant (LCA) at Illinois State University
- Hostess- Dining Services at Illinois State University
Personal Gender Pronouns
Points of Pride
The campus is beautiful! Many things in the community are accessible via light rail, bus, biking or walking. It's been great engaging with students and professional staff members on issues of social justice, diversity, and equity. If you're looking to grow, this is the place for you. As a professional, it's been great being involved with the Minnesota College Professionals Association (MCPA). I have served as a board member as well as being on a committee for our annual fall conference.
My personal philosophy: Chicago style pizza is the best pizza.
Life Outside the U
Outside of my role as RD, I'm usually annoying my partner, Alex. If I'm not doing that, I'm either goofing around with my dog, Zeus, or taking care of my 80+ plants. I also love going to concerts, excessively watching Netflix, crafting, drinking coffee, and eating pizza. I play a mean game of Uno and love exploring the city and metro area.
I oversee hall operations for 17th Ave. Residence Hall and Keeler Apartments. This includes: the 24 hour information desk, occupancy, assignments, room switches, building access, mail, tours, contract releases, and much more. In addition, I supervise the Office Assistants and Hospitality Specialists, run the summer conferences, and summer school housing.
Where I Can Help
- Room availability
- Move in
- Move out
- Active assignments
- Room switches
- Basic billing
- Working as an Office Assistant
- Mail + Packages
- Keys + key charges
- Building Access
- Campus resource referrals
B.A., Political Science - University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
M.A., Leadership in Student Affairs - University of St. Thomas
Arrival to the University of Minnesota
Previous Positions Held
Program Assistant, University of St. Thomas Alumni Association
Graduate Assistant, University of Minnesota LEAD-UP
NODA Intern, California Lutheran University
Points of Pride
Leadership Minor graduate, University of Minnesota Greek Woman of the Year, and having the privilege to work and volunteer with the amazing students and staff at the U.
My Favorite Quote/Motto/Personal Philosophy
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit” -Aristotle
Life Outside The U
I enjoy spending time with my pets, joining a group workout class, collecting new books, and listening to podcasts.
Kurt WieseGeneral Mechanic
John HuebnerBuilding and Grounds (B & G)
Michael PetersonBuilding and Grounds (B & G)
Tim SachsBuilding and Grounds (B & G)
Todd MeitzelBuilding and Grounds (B & G)
Brian HeldbergBuilding and Grounds (B & G)
Local TransitLearn More
- 11min.Walk to Coffman Student Center
- 9min.Walk to TCF Bank Stadium
- 16min.Light Rail to Downtown Minneapolis