Campus: Minneapolis East Bank
Hall Type: Apartment
Population: 164, co-ed, returning residents
Year Built: 2002
Number of Floors: 5
See Specific Room Furnishings Below
Unlimited Electricity, Heat, Water, Internet. It's all included.
Every building features a laundry facility. Unlimited laundry is included at no extra cost.
Full Kitchen In Unit
The Bailey Hall North Wing is air-conditioned. The East Wing does not currently have air-conditioning.
24/7 Information Desk
Streaming TV with 70+ channels, HBO GO, and 140,000+ on-demand shows and movies: housing.umn.edu/resnet/tv
Gigabit Ethernet Internet
If you have specific needs, we're here to help. Learn more about disability resources.
Access-Controlled Entry, Security Cameras, 24/7 Staffing
Common Area Lounges
Tech Lab with Macs & PCs, Remote Printing & Adobe Creative Suite. Learn More About Labs
Indoor & Outdoor Bicycle Racks
Open During Breaks
Keeler Room Furnishings
All units in Keeler include the following:
- Full bed frame/mattress
- Desk with chair
- Coffee table
- End table
- Garbage Disposal
- Air conditioning/heating
- In-unit washer/dryer
- Ethernet access
- WiFi access - please do not bring a WiFi router/access point
- Telephone service is NOT included in Keeler
Local TransitLearn More
- 11min.Walk to Coffman Student Center
- 9min.Walk to TCF Bank Stadium
- 17min.Light Rail to Downtown Minneapolis
On-site heated underground parking is available for an added monthly cost. Parking at Keeler is handled University of Minnesota Parking & Transportation Services. For more information, call 612-626-7275 during normal business hours.
For information on University parking contracts, visit Parking & Transportation Services.
Keeler Apartment Types
1-Person, 1-Bedroom, 1-Bathroom
This unit is occupied by one resident and consists of a private bedroom, a private bathroom, and a full-sized kitchen. The average square footage is 770. There are approximately four of these units in Keeler.
4-Person, 4-Bed, 2-Bath, Large
This unit is occupied by four residents and consists of four private bedrooms, two shared bathrooms, and a full-sized kitchen. The average square footage ranges from 1285-1365. There are approximately 36 of these units in Keeler.
4-Person, 4-Bed, 2-Bath, Standard
This unit is occupied by four residents and consists of four private bedrooms, two shared bathrooms, and a full-sized kitchen. The average square footage is 1015. There are approximately four of these units in Keeler.
Fall 2020 Rates
- 1-Person 1-Bedroom 1-Bathroom:Fall Term: $5,314August 15 - December 31, 2020Spring Term: $5,773January 1 - May 31, 2021Summer Term: $2,332June 1 - July 31, 2021$1,163Shown monthly, billed once each semester.
- 4-Person 4-Bed 2-Bath - Large:Fall Term: $3,879August 15 - December 31, 2020Spring Term: $4,214January 1 - May 31, 2021Summer Term: $1,703June 1 - July 31, 2021$849Shown monthly, billed once each semester.
- 4-Person 4-Bed 2-Bath - Standard:Fall Term: $3,684August 15 - December 31, 2020Spring Term: $4,002January 1 - May 31, 2021Summer Term: $1,617June 1 - July 31, 2021$806Shown monthly, billed once each semester.
Keeler Contract Length
Connect with Keeler Staff
As a Residence Director (RD), my role is to help make Keeler Apartments a successful living experience for students. I supervise a team of 4 Community Advisors (CA) and the Assistance Residence Director (ARD) for Keeler Apartments. I also work closely with the Business Operations Supervisor (BOS) and Facilities Operations Supervisor (FOS).
How I Can Help
- I can help bridge the relationship between students and their CAs
- Connecting students to campus and community resources
- Supporting first-generation students
- Being an ally to marginalized groups on campus
- Assisting in crisis situations on campus
- Helping residents with housing questions or concerns
- Finding the best Bubble Tea spot around campus
- Bachelor's of Science in University Studies at Illinois State University (2015)
- Student Affairs Administration Masters of Science in Education at University of Wisconsin-La Crosse (2017)
Start at the University of Minnesota
Previous Positions Held
- Hall Director at University of Minnesota, Mankato Greek Life Graduate Intern at University of Wisconsin
- River Falls Graduate Hall Director at University of Wisconsin
- River Falls Resident Assistant (RA) at Illinois State University
- Founder and President of Zeta Theta Pi- Beta Chapter at Illinois State University
- Lead Conference Assistant (LCA) at Illinois State University
- Hostess- Dining Services at Illinois State University
Personal Gender Pronouns
Points of Pride
The campus is beautiful! Many things in the community are accessible via light rail, bus, biking or walking. It's been great engaging with students and professional staff members on issues of social justice, diversity, and equity. If you're looking to grow, this is the place for you. As a professional, it's been great being involved with the Minnesota College Professionals Association (MCPA). I have served as a board member as well as being on a committee for our annual fall conference.
My personal philosophy: Chicago style pizza is the best pizza.
Life Outside the U
Outside of my role as RD, I'm usually annoying my partner, Alex. If I'm not doing that, I'm either goofing around with my dog, Zeus, or taking care of my 80+ plants. I also love going to concerts, excessively watching Netflix, crafting, drinking coffee, and eating pizza. I play a mean game of Uno and love exploring the city and metro area.
I oversee hall operations for 17th Ave. Residence Hall and Keeler Apartments. This includes: the 24 hour information desk, occupancy, assignments, room switches, building access, mail, tours, contract releases, and much more. In addition, I supervise the Office Assistants and Hospitality Specialists, run the summer conferences, and summer school housing.
Where I Can Help
- Room availability
- Move in
- Move out
- Active assignments
- Room switches
- Basic billing
- Working as an Office Assistant
- Mail + Packages
- Keys + key charges
- Building Access
- Campus resource referrals
B.A., Political Science - University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
M.A., Leadership in Student Affairs - University of St. Thomas
Arrival to the University of Minnesota
Previous Positions Held
- Program Assistant, University of St. Thomas Alumni Association
- Graduate Assistant, University of Minnesota LEAD-UP
- NODA Intern, California Lutheran University
Points of Pride
Leadership Minor graduate, University of Minnesota Greek Woman of the Year, and having the privilege to work and volunteer with the amazing students and staff at the U.
My Favorite Quote/Motto/Personal Philosophy
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit” -Aristotle
Life Outside The U
I enjoy spending time with my pets, joining a group workout class, collecting new books, and listening to podcasts.
Kurt WieseGeneral Mechanic
Gayle WintersSenior Building and Grounds (Sr. B & G)
Brian HeldbergBuilding and Grounds (B & G)
Genet HailuBuilding and Grounds (B & G)
John HuebnerBuilding and Grounds (B & G)
Michael PetersonBuilding and Grounds (B & G)