Parents & Family
Feeling nervous about sending a loved one off to college? You're not alone. The family and friends of our 6,600 residents have shared these exact feelings at one time or another. At Housing & Residential Life, we understand that sending your child off to college, especially for the first time, can fill parents with joy and dread. That is why we have created a page specifically for parents, aimed at addressing your concerns and keeping you informed about what's happening in the University of Minnesota's residential community.
Useful information about housing and move-in
- Safety and Security
- Move-In Guide
- Directions to campus
- Maps of campus areas
- Housing & Residential Life staff & directory: Hall addresses and phone numbers
- Student conduct process: A parent's guide
- University Parent Website: Keeping you connected to the Twin Cities campus
- One Stop: Information on registration, financial aid, tuition, academic calendars, grades, graduation, etc.
- University Dining Services (UDS)
Show them you care!
Sign up for the parent newsletter
Learn about what's happening in Housing & Residential Life. We'll only send you emails periodically, and we promise to never give anyone else your email.