Summer School Housing
- Students choose their own dates for Summer School Housing (date choices vary for current residents vs new summer residents).
- A one-week minimum stay and meal plan is required for new residents in 17th Avenue Residence Hall.
- A two-week minimum stay is required for new residents in University Village and Yudof Hall. A meal plan is not required.
- Roy Wilkins Hall is open until June 12 for current residents only.
- Students can apply for Summer School Housing before registering for summer classes.
- Summer School Housing assignments are based on room availability and the date applications are received. Applications received by April 1 are given priority for room/building preferences.
- Any University of Minnesota student registered for a minimum of one summer academic credit is eligible for Summer School Housing.
- A valid University of Minnesota student ID number and U Card are required.
Room Types and Rates for Summer 2017
|17th Avenue Residence Hall (Meal Plan Required)||Per Night Rate|
|Double as a Single Room||$30.95|
|Roy Wilkins Hall (Apartment)||Per Night Rate|
|1-Person Efficiency (Limited Availability)||$32.28|
|University Village (Apartment)||Per Night Rate|
|3-Person 2-Bedroom (Private Bedroom)||$29.91|
|3-Person 2-Bedroom (Shared Bedroom)||$23.73|
|4-Person 2-Bedroom (Standard Size)||$23.73|
|4-Person 2-Bedroom (Large Size)||$26.82|
|Yudof Hall (Apartment)||Per Night Rate|
|1-Person Super Single (Limited Availability)||$33.66|
|2-Person 2-Bedroom Apt. (Limited Availability)||$31.39|
|2-Person 2-Bedroom Super Suite||$28.96|
Need a specific accommodation?
Housing & Residential Life works with the Disability Resource Center (DRC) on campus to accommodate students with specific housing needs.
- $18.79/day Unlimited Anytime plus $40 Flexdine (FlexDine can be used at any on-campus University Dining Services location, and additional FlexDine can be purchased online at CampusDish).
- For residents living in 17th Avenue Residence Hall, the meal plan is required.
- For residents living in Roy Wilkins Hall, University Village, and Yudof Hall, the meal plan is optional.
- For more information about the summer meal plan, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Charges for Summer School Housing & the meal plan will be posted to student accounts the last week of May.
- A $25.00 Housing Application Fee will be charged for a completed application (unless the $25.00 Housing Application Fee was previously paid for the current academic year)
- For more information about billing and due dates, please visit One Stop.