Campus: Saint Paul
Hall Type: Residence Hall
Population: 500, co-ed residents
Year Built: 1949 (new additions in 1981)
Number of Floors: 5
Bailey Hall Amenities
See Specific Room Furnishings Below
Unlimited Electricity, Heat, Water, Internet. It's all included.
Every building features a laundry facility. Unlimited laundry is included at no extra cost.
The Bailey Hall North Wing is air-conditioned. The East Wing does not currently have air-conditioning.
24/7 Information Desk
Streaming TV with 70+ channels, HBO GO, and 140,000+ on-demand shows and movies: housing.umn.edu/resnet/tv
WiFi is included in rooms, common areas, throughout the building, and throughout campus.
Gigabit Ethernet Internet
If you have specific needs, we're here to help. Learn more about disability resources.
Access-Controlled Entry, Security Cameras, 24/7 Staffing
Dining Hall In Building
Common Area Lounges
Music Practice Rooms
Tech Lab with Macs & PCs, Remote Printing & Adobe Creative Suite. Learn More About Labs
St. Paul Student Center
Connected by Tunnel
UMN Campus Connector Bus System Stop Directly in Front
Outdoor Bicycle Racks
Bailey Hall Room Types
One room is occupied by two residents. The average square footage is 191. A common bathroom is shared by approximately 15 rooms. The contract length is fall/spring. There are approximately 204 doubles in Bailey Hall.
Two bedrooms and one common room are occupied by four residents. The average square footage is 497. A common bathroom is shared by approximately 15 rooms. The contract length is fall/spring. There are approximately 19 4-person suites in Bailey Hall.
Bailey Hall Rates
- Double:$3,139 per semester$2,961 per semester
- 4-Person Suite:$3,139 per semester$2,961 per semester
Bailey Hall Room Furnishings
All rooms in Bailey Hall include the following:
- Carpeted floors
- Desk & chair
- Drawer space
- Extra long twin bed (36 inches x 80 inches)
- Recycling 3-part containers
- Window coverings
- 1 gigabit Ethernet internet jack per resident (cord not provided)
- 1 cable TV jack (TV & cord not provided)
- Telephone service is NOT included in Bailey Hall
Connect with Bailey Staff
I oversee general operations and student development in Bailey Hall. I supervise 13 Community Advisors and 1 Community Engagement Coordinator. My main role is ensuring students and staff have the best experience possible in Bailey Hall.
Where I Can Help
Student conduct or policy issues/questions
General questions regarding Bailey
Administrative leadership and support for the residence hall, direction for processes with Information Desk, and the primary contact for housing and summer conferencing operations.
Where I Can Help
- Student Residential Hall Logistics
- Jobs for Office Assistants at Our Infomation Desk
- Navigation of University Resources
University of Minnesota, B.A.
Major: Multidisciplinary Studies with focus on Technical Writing, Arts & Humanities, and History & Social Sciences
Minor: Social Justice
Arrival to the University of Minnesota
Previous Positions Held
- Executive Admin, UMN Housing & Residential Life
- Executive Admin, UMN College of Food, Agriculture, and Natural Resource Science
- Health Insurance Sales Dept, MEDICA
- Executive Admin, MINCEP Epilepsy Care
- Office Manager, Volunteers of America, Senior Services
Points of Pride
- Women's Leadership Institute completion
- Equity and Diversity Certificate completion
- Dialogue Circles
- AFSCME Union Steward
My Favorite Quote/Motto/Personal Philosophy
“Be not the slave of your own past – plunge into the sublime seas, dive deep, and swim far, so you shall come back with self-respect, with new power, with an advanced experience, that shall explain and overlook the old.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Life Outside The U
I enjoy gardening, cooking & making homemade honey, bowling leagues, & buying books for local free library houses, but most of all - spending time with my children, grandson and family.
Personal Gender Pronouns
Greg ScottGeneral Mechanic
Gloria Lovas-ClarkSenior Building and Grounds (Sr. B & G)
Cheryl La ValleBuilding and Grounds (B & G)
Donna WirthBuilding and Grounds (B & G)
Dylan CeliusComputer Center Coordinator (CCC)
Location: Bailey Computer Lab E150
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 2:00pm - 4:30pm
Local TransitLearn More
- 2min.Walk to St. Paul Student Center
- 12min.Bus to East Bank
- 14min.Bus to Rosedale Shopping Center