Campus: Minneapolis East Bank, Superblock
Hall Type: Residence Hall
Population: 700, co-ed, first-year & returning residents
Year Built: 1950
Number of Floors: 6
Centennial Hall Amenities (Dining Hall in Building is until Fall 2019)
NEW - Located in neighboring Pioneer Hall
See Specific Room Furnishings Below
Unlimited Electricity, Heat, Water, Internet. It's all included.
Every building features a laundry facility. Unlimited laundry is included at no extra cost.
24/7 Information Desk
Streaming TV with 70+ channels, HBO GO, and 140,000+ on-demand shows and movies: housing.umn.edu/resnet/tv
WiFi is included in rooms, common areas, throughout the building, and throughout campus.
Gigabit Ethernet Internet
If you have specific needs, we're here to help. Learn more about disability resources.
Access-Controlled Entry, Security Cameras, 24/7 Staffing
Convenience store in building
Common Area Lounges
Music Practice Rooms
Tech Lab with Macs & PCs, Remote Printing & Adobe Creative Suite. Learn More About Labs
Outdoor Bicycle Racks
Open During Breaks
One room is occupied by one resident. The average square footage is 129. A common bathroom is shared by approximately 15 rooms. The contract length is fall/spring. There are approximately 530 singles in Centennial.
One room is occupied by two residents. The average square footage is 185. A common bathroom is shared by approximately 15 rooms. The contract length is fall/spring. There are approximately 62 doubles in Centennial.
One bedroom and one common room are occupied by three residents. The average square footage is 269. A common bathroom is shared by approximately 15 rooms. The contract length is fall/spring. There are approximately 13 3-person suites in Centennial.
Centennial Hall Rates
Fall 2020 Rates
- Single Room:Full Semester: $3,727September 5-December 23, 2020Shortened Semester: $2,778September 5-November 25, 2020Winter Break: $35 per dayAny day(s) December 24, 2020-January 15, 2021
- Double Room:Full Semester: $3,139September 5-December 23, 2020Shortened Semester: $2,340September 5-November 25, 2020Winter Break: $35 per dayAny day(s) December 24, 2020-January 15, 2021
- Two-Person Suite:Full Semester: $3,139September 5-December 23, 2020Shortened Semester: $2,340September 5-November 25, 2020Winter Break: $35 per dayAny day(s) December 24, 2020-January 15, 2021
Centennial Hall Room Furnishings
All rooms in Centennial Hall include the following:
- Carpeted floors
- Desk & chair
- Drawer space
- Extra long twin bed (36 inches x 80 inches)
- Recycling 3-part containers
- Window coverings
- 1 gigabit Ethernet internet jack per resident (cord not provided)
- 1 cable TV jack (TV & cord not provided)
- Telephone service is NOT included in Centennial Hall
Local TransitLearn More
- 9min.Walk to Coffman Student Center
- 9min.Walk to TCF Bank Stadium
- 9min.Light Rail to Downtown Minneapolis
Connect with Centennial Staff
How I Can Help
- General questions about Centennial Hall
- Housing questions or concerns
- Adjusting to college
- Crisis management
- Student conduct and/or policy questions
- Supporting students during their time at the U
- M.S.Ed. Student Affairs Administration, University of Wisconsin-La Crosse
- B.A. English: Rhetorics of Science, Technology, and Culture, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
Start at the University of Minnesota
Previous Positions Held
- Hall Director, Iowa State University
- Assistant Hall Director, University of Wisconsin-La Crosse
- Student Support Specialist, University of Wisconsin-La Crosse
- ACUHO-i Summer Hall Director, Berklee College of Music
- Resident Assistant, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
Personal Gender Pronouns
Life Outside the U
- Exploring Minnesota
- Reading (mainly science-fiction)
- Solving jigsaw puzzles
• Manage and oversee the operations of the business office and information desk.
• Assists the Residence Director and Assistant Residence Director.
• Supervise Office Assistants and Tour Guides.
• Answer questions related to application-contract, billings, and meal plans.
• Advise and assist residents and guests.
• Coordinate and implement summer conference logistics.
Where I Can Help
• Room & Board Contract
• Contract Release
• Room change or room switch
• Hall transfer
• Room Re-application
• Winter Break – Early Arrival – Late Stay
• Temporary or Lost Keys
• Building Access
• Mail or package delivery
• Hall Tours
• Summer School
• Summer Conferences Groups
Arrival to the University of Minnesota
Bill NaultGeneral Mechanic
Erik JensenSenior Building and Grounds (Sr. B & G)
Julie HarringtonBuilding and Grounds (B & G)
Elyse RoyaleBuilding and Grounds (B & G)
Albert CurtisBuilding and Grounds (B & G)
Rhonda NadeauBuilding and Grounds (B & G)
Trent JohnsonBuilding and Grounds (B & G)