Campus: Minneapolis East Bank
Hall Type: Residence Hall
Population: 553, co-ed, first-year residents
Year Built: 1940
Number of Floors: 6
Comstock Hall Amenities
See Specific Room Furnishings Below
Unlimited Electricity, Heat, Water, Internet. It's all included.
Every building features a laundry facility. Unlimited laundry is included at no extra cost.
24/7 Information Desk
Streaming TV with 70+ channels, HBO GO, and 140,000+ on-demand shows and movies: housing.umn.edu/resnet/tv
WiFi is included in rooms, common areas, throughout the building, and throughout campus.
Gigabit Ethernet Internet
If you have specific needs, we're here to help. Learn more about disability resources.
Access-Controlled Entry, Security Cameras, 24/7 Staffing
Dining Hall In Building
Common Area Lounges
Music Practice Rooms
Tech Lab with Macs & PCs, Remote Printing & Adobe Creative Suite. Learn More About Labs
Outdoor Bicycle Racks
Comstock Hall Room Types
One room is occupied by one resident. The average square footage is 128. Two single rooms are separated by a quarter-bath containing a sink, which is shared by two residents. A large bathroom is shared by approximately 7 rooms. The contract length is fall/spring. There are approximately 199 singles in Comstock.
One room is occupied by two residents (unless used for expanded housing). The average square footage is 195. A common bathroom is shared by approximately 10 rooms. The contract length is fall/spring. There are approximately 166 doubles in Comstock.
One room is occupied by three residents. The average square footage is 235. A common bathroom is shared by approximately 7 rooms. The contract length is fall/spring. There are approximately eight triples in Comstock.
Comstock Hall Rates
Fall 2020 Rates
- Single Room:Full Semester: $3,727September 5-December 23, 2020Shortened Semester: $2,778September 5-November 25, 2020Winter Break: $35 per dayAny day(s) December 24, 2020-January 15, 2021
- Double Room:Full Semester: $3,139September 5-December 23, 2020Shortened Semester: $2,340September 5-November 25, 2020Winter Break: $35 per dayAny day(s) December 24, 2020-January 15, 2021
Comstock Hall Room Furnishings
All rooms in Comstock Hall include the following:
- Carpeted floors
- Desk & chair
- Drawer space
- Extra long twin bed (36 inches x 80 inches)
- Recycling 3-part containers
- Sink (individual or shared)
- Window coverings
- 1 gigabit Ethernet internet jack per resident (cord not provided)
- 1 cable TV jack (TV & cord not provided)
- Telephone service is NOT included in Comstock Hall
Connect with Comstock Staff
As the Residence Director for Comstock Hall, my responsibility is to supervise the Community Advisors who strive to create a safe, educational, and inclusive community within the residence hall.
How I Can Help
- General questions about Comstock
- Conversations about Diversity and Social Justice
- Conflict / crisis management
- Student Conduct and Policy questions
- Support mental/emotional well-being
- Student Engagement
- Master of Education in Educational Leadership, University of South Alabama
- Bachelor of Science in Political Science, Southeast Missouri State University
Previous Positions Held
- Residence Life Coordinator, University of South Carolina
- Community Director, University of South Alabama
Start at the University of Minnesota
Points of Pride
The highlight of my role is that I get to support students and help create a welcoming environment for those in Yudof Hall! Regardless of how long you have been at the university, there are barriers that people face that are unique to them and I love getting to be that person who can help support anyone who needs it.
Do what is right, not what is popular.
Life Outside the U
In my free time, I enjoy traveling, shopping, and grabbing coffee! I also watch a lot of Netflix and enjoy going to the movies.
Personal Gender Pronouns
• Manage and oversee the operations of the business office and information desk.
• Assists the Residence Director and Assistant Residence Director.
• Supervise Office Assistants and Tour Guides.
• Answer questions related to application-contract, billings, and meal plans.
• Advise and assist residents and guests.
• Coordinate and implement summer conference logistics.
Where I Can Help
• Room & Board Contract
• Contract Release
• Room change or room switch
• Hall transfer
• Room Re-application
• Winter Break – Early Arrival – Late Stay
• Temporary or Lost Keys
• Building Access
• Mail or package delivery
• Hall Tours
• Summer School
• Summer Conferences Groups
B.A. Sociology - University of Minnesota 2010
A.A.S Business Administration - Minnesota School of Business 2006
Arrival to the University of Minnesota
My Favorite Quote/Motto/Personal Philosophy
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so" - Mark Twain
Personal Gender Pronouns
Anthony NelsonGeneral Mechanic
Eddy DinkaSenior Building and Grounds (Sr. B & G)
Sara ParcellsBuilding and Grounds (B & G)
Ron RuhnkeBuilding and Grounds (B & G)
Mulugeta AbebeBuilding and Grounds (B & G)
Rigo Hernandez MartinezBuilding and Grounds (B & G)
Steven MeansBuilding and Grounds (B & G)
Local TransitLearn More
- 3min.Walk to Coffman Student Center
- 15min.Walk to TCF Bank Stadium
- 13min.Light Rail to Downtown Minneapolis