All new incoming first-year students are guranteed housing, but you must complete several tasks.
All new incoming first-year students are guaranteed housing if they meet the following conditions:
- Be admitted to the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities.
- Complete your housing application and pay the application fee by May 1, 2022.
You will be sent the housing guarantee information once you apply for housing and confirm your enrollment.
- Submit the housing guarantee payment or file for an extension by May 15, 2022*.
Please note: For 2022, the Housing Guarantee Fee payment deadline has been extended to June 2 for incoming first-year students who have already received a housing guarantee offer.
- Attend a new student orientation by July 15, 2022, or be signed up to attend an August session by July 15, 2022.
Information will be shared in the New Student Checklist.
- Accept any housing assignment offered.
Students who do not fulfill all of these requirements will only be assigned housing if space is available.