All new incoming first-year students are guaranteed housing, but you must complete several tasks.
All new incoming first-year students are guaranteed housing if they meet the following conditions:
- Be admitted to the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities.
- Complete your housing application and pay the application fee by May 1, 2023.
You will be sent the housing guarantee information once you apply for housing and confirm your enrollment.
- Submit the housing guarantee payment or file for an extension by May 15, 2023*.
- Attend a new student orientation by July 1, 2023, or be signed up to attend an August session by July 15, 2023.
Information will be shared in the New Student Checklist.
- Accept any housing assignment offered.
Students who do not fulfill all of these requirements will only be assigned housing if space is available.