All new incoming first-year students are guaranteed housing, but you must complete several tasks.
All new incoming first-year students are guaranteed housing if they meet the following conditions:
- Be admitted to the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities.
- Complete your housing application and pay the application fee by Wednesday, May 15, 2024.
You will be sent the housing guarantee information once you apply for housing and confirm your enrollment.
- Submit the housing guarantee payment or file for an extension by Wednesday, May 22, 2024.
- Attend a new student orientation by July 1, 2024, or be signed up to attend an August session by July 15, 2024.
Information will be shared in the New Student Checklist.
- Accept any housing assignment offered.
Students who do not fulfill all of these requirements will only be assigned housing if space is available.