A student with a white cane talks to a student using a wheelchair and service dog.


Requesting Housing Accommodations

We are committed to providing equitable access and opportunity to housing spaces and programs for residents with disabilities and specific housing needs, including working closely with our University partners to provide the best possible support.

Room Types

We have many different room types available, including accessible double and single rooms, rooms near accessible bathrooms and showers, and single apartments or units with semi-private bathrooms.

Service Animals

While pets are generally not permitted within residence halls or apartment buildings, we make exceptions for certified service animals and support animals approved through the Disability Resource Center.

Special Diets

M Food Co. will work with students on their dietary needs, including connecting them with a registered dietitian to learn about available dining options on campus. 

Where To Start


The housing application opens in November, and your housing application date is an important factor in how we make assignments. You can apply before formally registering accommodation requests. 


Schedule an appointment with the Disability Resource Center as soon as possible to register your request. The deadline to register requests is May 31, 2024.

Bring any documentation that specifically addresses your accommodation needs to your first appointment, and let them know if you have a condition that requires health-related dietary needs. 

Your DRC Access Consultant will discuss reasonable accommodations with you and submit a recommendation to Housing staff on your behalf. They can also assist with obtaining documentation if you do not already have it.

Learn more about the Disability Resource Center or contact them directly at 612-626-1333 (V/TTY) or via email at [email protected].

Alternative Formats

To request Housing & Residential Life materials in large print or in an alternative format, or to share website accessibility concerns, please contact us. Our central office staff can answer general questions or current residents may contact their building team with specific questions.