The University of Minnesota offers summer guest housing for visitors needing on-campus housing to conduct University-related business. Accommodations are available June 1–August 14, 2023, in Pioneer Hall, a traditional style residence hall. Reservations are not accepted after July 30, 2023.
The following amenities are included:
- Air conditioning
- Private or shared bedroom (twin bed, desk, chair, closet, & dresser)
- Shared community bathroom
- Free laundry facilities
- Guest access to UMN wireless internet network
24/7 Information Desk
The Information Desk is staffed 24 hours a day to answer questions and provide additional linens, blankets, etc. as needed. The fully ADA compliant building offers specific rooms to accommodate ADA needs, available upon request.
For additional amenities information, visit Conference & Event Services online.
Individual And Group Housing
Guests looking to make their own reservations and paying via credit card, please review the "Reservations, Payment, and Check-In" section below.
$62 per person, per day (tax included)
$52 per person, per day (tax included)
Included in the daily rate is a linen set (sheets, blankets, pillow, and towel set) that can be exchanged at the Information Desk and guest access to the University of Minnesota wireless internet network.
Reservations, Payment, and Check-In
Reservations are accepted based on availability and must be received 14 days prior to check-in. All reservations are binding; guests will be billed for the entire amount if cancellation is not received 14 days prior to arrival. Payment for the entire length of the stay is due at the time of reservation via credit card. No refunds will be given for early departures.
Check-in is 1:00 PM and check-out is 12:00 PM.
Regulations and Cancellation/Refund
If you do not agree to these terms and policies, you should not reserve a space and are not eligible for housing on the University of Minnesota campus.
- Housing Regulations and Policies: As a guest of University of Minnesota Housing, you agree to comply with all Housing & Residential Life regulations and policies provided by Conference & Event Services staff. If you desire a personal copy of the regulations and policies, please contact a member of the Conference & Event Services staff directly and a copy shall be provided to you. Policies are subject to change at Housing & Residential Life’s discretion. Changes will be made accessible and you will be notified of such changes.
- Cancellations: Refunds incur a $30.00 processing fee for credit card processing and administrative costs prior to the cancellation deadline. Cancellations are eligible for a full refund, less the processing fee, up to 14 days prior to arrival on campus. Any cancellations within 14 days prior to arrival will be billed at the full amount owed. All cancellations must be received in writing. Please submit cancellations to the Conference & Event Services Office at [email protected]. Credit card refunds require credit cardholder information, the last four digits of the credit card used in the initial transaction, and the reason for cancellation.
- Refund Process: CES will begin the refund process once the cancellation is submitted. All refunds will be issued within 5 business days of receipt of the request. If the cancellation date is 120 days or less from the date of the transaction, the amount refunded will go back onto the card. If the cancellation date is more than 120 days from the date of the transaction, the amount refunded will be a check issued and mailed to you. All reservations are binding; interns will be billed for the entire amount if the cancellation request is not received in writing 14 days prior to arrival. No refunds are provided for early departures.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please refer to your reservation confirmation to indicate the Residence Hall where you will be housed. Check-in is available at the information desk in the lobby of the assigned building.
All guests must be accounted for on the reservation for security purposes. Please ensure the reservation includes all guest information and that a double room is reserved for 2 people. If you need to make a change to your current reservation from a single to a double, please contact Conference & Event Services via email at [email protected].
Yes, the information desk is open 24 hours a day.
The University does not provide transportation to guests; however, there are many ways to easily access campus, including taxi companies and the public transportation system. For more information on public transit, visit Metro Transit.
If you are bringing a vehicle to campus, you may park in the Oak Street Ramp at the daily rate, which is one block east of Pioneer Hall.
You can also learn more about public transportation around the campus by visiting Parking & Transportation Services.
The University of Minnesota campus area consists of distinct neighborhoods that offer a variety of dining and shopping options.
There are also residential dining centers located in Pioneer Hall and 17th Avenue Residence Hall. Dining hours are available at dining.umn.edu. All meals are payable by cash or card at the door.
Guests who wish to eat in the residential dining centers may pay at the cashier or purchase a meal plan prior to their arrival.
Linens, blankets, a pillow, and a towel are provided. You should bring your own toiletries and any other personal belongings you will want or need to have during your stay with us.
Email the Conference & Event Services Office at [email protected] to inform us of your cancellation. We will cancel your reservation and deactivate your registration. Please note: you will be billed for the entire amount if cancellation is not received 14 days prior to arrival.