Campus: Minneapolis East Bank, Dinkytown
Hall Type: Residence Hall
Population: 530, co-ed, first-year residents
Year Built: 1910 (expanded in 1964, renovated in 1970)
Number of Floors: Hall: 4; Tower: 9
Sanford Hall Amenities
See Specific Room Furnishings Below
Unlimited Electricity, Heat, Water, Internet. It's all included.
Every building features a laundry facility. Unlimited laundry is included at no extra cost.
24/7 Information Desk
UMN-TV Cable with HBO
UMN-TV Internet Streaming
WiFi is included in rooms, common areas, throughout the building, and throughout campus.
Gigabit Ethernet Internet
If you have specific needs, we're here to help. Learn more about disability resources.
Access-Controlled Entry, Security Cameras, 24/7 Staffing
Dining Hall In Building
Convenience store in building
Common Area Lounges
Music Practice Rooms
Tech Lab with Macs & PCs, Remote Printing & Adobe Creative Suite. Learn More About Labs
Outdoor Bicycle Racks
Sanford Hall Room Types
One room is occupied by one resident. The average square footage is 133. A common bathroom is shared by approximately 12 rooms. The contract length is fall/spring. There are approximately 80 singles in Sanford.
One room is occupied by two residents. The average square footage is 187. A common bathroom is shared by approximately 12 rooms. The contract length is fall/spring. There are approximately 167 doubles in Sanford.
One room is occupied by three residents. The average square footage is 244. A common bathroom is shared by approximately 15 rooms. The contract length is fall/spring. There are approximately 34 triples in Sanford.
Sanford Room Furnishings
All rooms in Sanford Hall include the following:
- Carpeted floors
- Desk & chair
- Drawer space
- Extra long twin bed (36 inches x 80 inches)
- Recycling 3-part containers
- Window coverings
- 1 gigabit Ethernet internet jack per resident (cord not provided)
- 1 cable TV jack (TV & cord not provided)
- Telephone service is NOT included in Sanford Hall
Connect with Sanford Staff
I manage student engagement participation and vision within Sanford & Wilkins Halls, as well as work with the building management team to help oversee the supervision of student staff and maintain community behavioral standards.
Where I Can Help
- Student Engagement and Participation
- Diversity and Social Justice Dialogue
- Campus Resources
- Community Behavioral Standards
University of Minnesota Twin Cities, Bachelor's Degree
Arrival to the University of Minnesota
Previous Positions Held
Freshman Admissions Counselor, University of Minnesota Office of Admissions
My Favorite Quote/Motto/Personal Philosophy
Never doubt that you are valuable and powerful and deserving of every chance and opportunity in the world to pursue and achieve your own dreams.
• Manage and oversee the operations of the business office and information desk.
• Assists the Residence Director and Assistant Residence Director.
• Supervise Office Assistants and Tour Guides.
• Answer questions related to application-contract, billings, and meal plans.
• Advise and assist residents and guests.
• Coordinate and implement summer conference logistics.
Where I Can Help
• Room & Board Contract
• Contract Release
• Room change or room switch
• Hall transfer
• Room Re-application
• Winter Break – Early Arrival – Late Stay
• Temporary or Lost Keys
• Building Access
• Mail or package delivery
• Hall Tours
• Summer School
• Summer Conferences Groups
Alex GlenComputer Center Coordinator (CCC)
Office Hours - Sanford Lab 182
Get InvolvedLearn More
Get to know your neighbors.
Social Justice Leadership Retreat
Be an ally. Be a leader.
Student Conduct Board (SCB)
Serve as a hearing officer.
We're all in this together. Join in.
Foundation for Success
Be successful. Learn more.
Engage in meaningful discussions about campus issues. Start a conversation.
Local TransitLearn More
- 17min.Walk to Coffman Student Center
- 18min.Walk to TCF Bank Stadium
- 20min.Light Rail to Downtown Minneapolis