Four students dressed warmly having fun with the snow while crossing the pedestrian bridge in front of Coffman

Winter Break Guide

Centennial and 17th Avenue are the only residence halls that remain open over Winter Break. All of the other residence halls close, but our on-campus apartments remain open. 

Winter break housing for residence hall students is available for an additional fee of $35 per night, but students may be required to move to temporary spaces as we do not guarantee students will be able to stay in their currently assigned spaces. Dining hall meal service ends with lunch on December 22, and the dining halls are not open over winter break.

As you make plans for the end of your fall semester and winter break, please follow these general tips to ensure a smooth transition for fall closing.

Key Details

  1. All residents must leave the residence halls on December 22 unless they pay for winter break housing.
  2. Check that all of your windows are securely shut and locked before you leave. Your belongings and the building could be severely damaged if a pipe bursts due to the water freezing if a window is left open. 
  3. Bring your own packing materials – boxes, bins, bags – to transport items you’re bringing home for now (carts will be available).
  4. Keep your U Card with you at all times for building access.
  5. Make certain to empty your trash and discard all perishable items.

Read each of the following dropdowns carefully.

Preparing to Leave

Students crossing the pedestrian bridge near Coffman Union
Current Residents
Your guide to your building's resources, services, and support.
Aerial view of the west bank campus, including Middlebrook hall
Housing Contract
Review terms, provisions, and payment information to secure your housing space.
People walking near the Superblock building area
Change or Cancel
Requests to cancel or change housing assignments must be made in advance.