International Early Arrival Housing
Community safety for all residents is a top priority and we are working closely with University leadership to manage COVID-19 response. Visit the Safe Campus website for the latest information for the Twin Cities campus.
International Early Arrival Housing provides temporary on-campus housing available to all newly admitted international students before the start of the fall semester (this option is not available prior to spring semester). Early arrival requests are only approved for extenuating circumstances, and limited space is available. Note: Spouses and children are not eligible to stay at International Early Arrival Housing.
Rate: $35 per night, per person from the date checked in through September 15 for those with Fall Housing contracts. If you are an international student without a Fall Housing contract, you will be charged for the dates you stay. This cost will be charged and reflected on your student account in September.
Rooms for International Early Arrival Housing include linens (bed sheets, blanket), towel, and pillow. Meals are not included in your room price.
Once your request is approved you will receive specific details about your check in date and time. Bring your University ID number, University email address, and/or confirmation email for reference at check in.
Students who are coming from countries outside of the United States DO NOT need to quarantine for two weeks when they arrive. Find more information from the CDC on what to do after you travel and other travel recommendations by country.
- Continue to practice good health habits such as hand hygiene and maintaining at least six feet of physical distance from others.
- If you develop symptoms, even if mild, you should isolate yourself as quickly as possible and call a healthcare provider such as the Boynton Nurse Line at 612-625-3222.
- Masks are required inside all campus buildings and outside when physical distancing is not possible. Be sure to wear your mask at all times outside of your assigned room. Read more on the Return to Campus website.
- Respect posted signs noting occupancy requirements for shared spaces and elevators.
- Information Desk staff are available to answer any questions.
For students with fall 2020 housing contracts
The tentative plan is to move students into their academic year housing assignment on Saturday, September 12. Transportation assistance will be available.
Please note if you cancel your 2020-21 housing contract, you are no longer eligible for early arrival housing and your early arrival request will also be canceled.
For students living off campus this fall
The tentative plan is for those students to move out on Sunday, September 20.