Campus: Minneapolis East Bank
Hall Type: Townhouses
Population: UMN Faculty & Staff, 48 Units
Year Built: 1965
Pillsbury Court is transitional housing designed for faculty/staff members and their family to live during their transition to the Twin Cities area. This is ideal for the faculty/staff members who wish to take their time while looking for a home or other permanent residence. Pillsbury Court is a wonderful family apartment complex within walking distance of the Minneapolis East Bank campus.
Located on the site of the Pillsbury mansion (home of University presidents from 1911 to 1963), the 48-unit townhouse complex was first occupied in October 1965.
Rent is $1,254.00 per month plus gas & electric utilities.
Effective July 1, 2017 rent will be $1,310.00 per month plus gas & electric utilities.
Once the online application is completed, Housing & Residential Life will then contact Human Resources to verify eligibility and place the applicant in the appropriate waiting list category. Offers for Pillsbury Court units are typically given 1-2 months in advance of the desired occupancy date. For questions on the application process, please contact Housing & Residential Life.
- Newer furnace, air conditioning units, and siding
- Three floors of living space
- First floor: comfortable living room opening onto a private patio through sliding glass doors
- Second floor: two bedrooms and a bathroom
- Basement level: family room and utility rooms
- All-electric kitchen including an electric range with oven, refrigerator, range exhaust fan, sufficient electrical outlets
- Carpeted bedrooms
- Blinds in bedrooms
- Electric washer and dryer, laundry tub, electric hot water heater, central air conditioning unit, and gas-forced air furnace
- One car parking spot on the premises
- Two children's playgrounds and grilling/picnic areas on the premises
- Note: other than major appliances (washer, dryer, refrigerator, and stove), the townhouses are not furnished
Pillsbury Court is a transitional housing option offered by the University's Department of Housing & Residential Life to provide an opportunity for eligible employees new to the Twin Cities area to become familiar with different residential areas before deciding on a more permanent residence.
- Applicants must carry a 67-100% time appointment for a minimum of nine (9) months.
- Applicants must be paid through the University of Minnesota's payroll, regardless of source of funding. Approval to waive the criteria may be granted under special circumstances.
- Appointment held may not be a "Without Salary" appointment.
- Employees currently living in the Twin Cities area for a period longer than 18 months are not eligible. Former graduate students or professionals-in-training having accepted a position as included under Priority 1 or 2 below are exempt from this criteria.
There are three priority categories from which decisions on housing assignments are based. Eligibility is further defined by additional appointment criteria as noted below.
- Regular Faculty
- Tenured and Tenure-Track appointment types
- Academic Professional Employees
- Continuous and Probationary appointment types
- Term Faculty
- Contract Faculty (Annual Renewable Contract, Clinical Scholar, Medical School and Yearly, Medical School, and Multiple-Year Contract appointment types)
- Temporary Faculty (Temporary appointment type)
- Visiting Faculty (Visiting appointment type)
- Academic Professional and Administrative Employees (not Professionals-in-Training)
- Academic Administrators (Annual Renewable Contract and Multiple-Year Contract appointment types)
- Academic Professionals (Annual Renewable Contract and Multiple-Year Contract appointment types)
- Academic Professional and Administrative Employees (Professionals-in-Training)
- Professionals-in-Training (Number of Years Restricted appointment type)
- Regular faculty or academic professional or administrative employees as described under Priority 1 and 2 officially retired from the University who live out of the area and are retired under retiree status for a period of time
- Retiree (Retiree appointment type)