A community for Latinx students
Students in this Living Learning Community also receive the benefit of semester sessions with student mentors who are previous participants of CASA SOL. CASA SOL provides opportunities for students to explore their own identity as well as opportunities for students who want to reach beyond their own cultural background and learn about the experiences of others.
The goal of the CASA SOL Living Learning Community is to provide a supportive community where the academic experiences of students are nurtured and enriched, as well as help in making friends and finding their niche on campus. Participants have the opportunity to live, study, and participate in curricular activities together.
CASA SOL gives you the opportunity to connect with the Latinx community on campus, find academic support, explore leadership opportunities, and, of course, have fun! CASA SOL students participate in cultural events, networking events, workshops, and a community that will make them feel at home at the University! CASA SOL ensures access to academic resources in an environment that understands where you are coming from.
This community is open to first-year residents.
- Individualized academic coaching and holistic support from MCAE staff
- Academic grade checks at semester midpoint and end of semester (fall and spring)
- Wellbeing programming including MCAE group fitness classes and stress management
- Ongoing social and community-based events
- Regular study nights with MCAE peer tutors
- MCAE LLC alumni engagement
- Intentional connections with various on-campus resource