A community for Hmong American students on campus
The Tsev Hmoob LLC, launched in 2011, is designed to provide first-year students the opportunity to live in a community intended to promote personal, social, and academic growth on campus.
This LLC aims to provide a supportive community where the academic experiences of students are nurtured and enriched, as well as help in making friends and finding their niche on campus. Participants will have the opportunity to live, study, participate in curricular activities together.
Students will find opportunities to explore their own identity as well as opportunities for students who want to reach beyond their own cultural background and learn about the experiences of others.
This community is open to first-year residents.
- Individualized academic coaching and holistic support from MCAE staff
- Academic grade checks at semester midpoint and end of semester (fall and spring)
- Wellbeing programming including MCAE group fitness classes and stress management
- Ongoing social and community-based events
- Regular study nights with MCAE peer tutors
- MCAE LLC alumni engagement
- Intentional connections with various on-campus resources