Living Learning Communities
The University offers over 30 interest-specific Living Learning Communities (LLCs) where students live together in a dedicated area of a residence hall. Each LLC is co-sponsored by an academic department or college and is designed to deliver a variety of events and services to support students in their academic and personal growth.
Living in an LLC comes with great benefits:
- An opportunity to live and connect with students who share your interests and academic and personal goals
- A more satisfying on-campus experience
- A chance to expand your views through exploration and collaboration with campus departments and academic programs
- A feeling of belonging on the U's large campus
Applying for LLCs
- Each LLC has a limit on the number of participants, so it is important to apply for housing early.
- Some LLCs may fill up before the March 1 priority date.
- Some LLCs do not have space to accommodate roommates who are not part of the LLC program.
- Some LLCs will accept any student who has an interest in the focus of the LLC, while other LLCs only allow students of a specific major or program to be a part of the community.
- Students may sign up for housing before the outcome of the admission application to the University of Minnesota is known.